The Missions Committee serves outside of Second Church, supporting the local and wider community. Church efforts help spiritually and financially where needed. Here are some of the ways we help.
Located at the church in Trask Hall, the food pantry is open to the public Monday and Wednesday from 10 a.m. to noon.
Church World Service:
Making health and hygiene kits
Hat and Mitten Tree
Donations to the Homeless in Plymouth and Boston
Collections or financial support for:
- One Great Hour of Sharing, which provides support — in areas such as emergency relief, agriculture, health and education — to more than 80 countries.
- Coats for Kids Program sponsored by Anton’s Cleaners in Marshfield.
- Brockton Area Multi-Services, Inc. (BAMSI), a private, non-profit human services organization providing services to adults and children with developmental disabilities, mental illness, behavioral health, and public health needs.
- Plymouth Animal Shelter, pet items and blankets.
- Plymouth Taskforce to End Homelessness, support for winter overnights for the homeless.
The Missions Committee includes
- Nancy Carini
- Marty O’Meara
- Linda Emo
- Barbara Shaw
- Marlene McGrath