The Praise Band provides the music during the 8:30 a.m. Family Service. Led by Marilyn Ozelius, the band is comprised of a group of volunteer musicians who practice once a week and play a wide variety of music. Currently the band is comprised of guitars, occasionally a mandolin, a bass, drums, and singers.
Each week, they play songs that are “kid” friendly and fun to sing for children and adults alike. During the last song of the service, children grab tambourines, maracas and other instruments to get out of their seats, dance, and make some noise!
The Chancel Choir supports the music ministry of the church and provides musical support for the Traditional 11:00 a.m. worship service. This includes a Choral Introit, Prayer Response, and Offertory Anthem, and leading the singing of the hymns. The choir also participates in combined worship services with the Praise Band several times throughout the year.
The choir provides support for other programs such as the annual talent show, Christmas concert and memorial services and funerals (by special request). The choir has also participated in:
- Carolers on the Green – Pine Hills Christmas Event
- Entertainment at church potluck suppers
- Combined with Marshfield Church Choir for Pastor Judy Medeiros’ Ordination
- Plymouth Area Church Choir Festival
- Sang as Back-up singers on a CD for a Rock-a-Billy Group, “Lonesome Jukebox.” Song – “A Day Late and a Dollar Short” (All of the names of the choir members, and the name Second Church of Plymouth, were included in the credits on the CD; a donation was made to the church from the sale proceeds) – The Choir performed live with the band at the Garibaldi Club in North Plymouth when the CD was launched.
Interested in Joining the Choir? Join any time – we are always happy to welcome more members. For more information, contact Jane Costa-Elliott, Director at 508-746-7576 or speak to any of the choir members. Rehearsals are held on Sundays at 10:00 a.m. before church and at 12:30 p.m. after church.